Grilled Corn Salsa
Serves 4 to 6
3 ears of corns, husks removed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ red onion, diced
1 ½ jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
¾ cup canned black beans, drained
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat and close the lid.
2. Brush the ears of corn with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the prepared corn on the grill and heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Once the corn is cooked and begins to char remove from the grill and allow to cool.
5. In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients and toss together.
6. Once the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob and gently toss together with the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with tortilla chips, as a condiment for tacos or just straight from the bowl as a small snack.