1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 quart oil for frying
salt and pepper to taste
spicy honey drizzle:
2/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons fresh chili sauce (such as Sambal)
sea salt to taste
1. Pour oil in a large pot and begin preheating on medium-high heat.
2. Place all ingredients for the hush puppies into a large bowl and whisk together to create a thick batter.
3. Once the oil has reached 350 degrees F fry large (2 tablespoon) spoonfuls of batter for about 5 minutes. This will take several batches.
4. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl combine the honey and chili sauce and stir together.
6. Serve the hush puppies warm with a drizzle of the spicy honey sauce.
Source: Spoon Fork Bacon