Herbed Turkey Meatballs with a Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
1 pound ground turkey
1/3 cup oats
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons sage, minced
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
1 tablespoon thyme, minced
1 tablespoon chives, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
cranberry bbq sauce:
12 ounces cranberries
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup molasses
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 chipotle peppers in adobo
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place all ingredients for the turkey meatballs in a large mixing bowl and mix together until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Take two tablespoons of the mixture and form into a meatball. Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet and repeat until all of the turkey mixture has been used.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and completely cooked through.
5. For the sauce: Place first six ingredients into a saucepan and stir. Bring the mixture to a simmer, over medium to medium-low heat.
6. Once the cranberries begin to macerate, about 10 minutes, stir in the remaining ingredients.
7. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened and reduced by 1/3. Serve with meatballs.
Source: Spoon Fork Bacon